The Gainesville Holistic Health Fair Will be held
Saturday, May 30th, 2015, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
The fair will take place at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, located at 4225 NW 34th Street, Gainesville FL 32605.
Alternative and Holistic Medicine Practitioners, Schools, Educators, Musicians, Artists, Performers, Vendors, and anyone who practices healing through movement, touch, food, herbs, energy, sound, relationship, images, words…
PRACTITIONERS WANTED!We want a variety of holistic health practitioners at the health fair to provide samples of their therapeutic expertise, including: Acupuncture, Alternative Medicine Schools, Aromatherapy, Belly Dance, Chiropractic, Cranio-sacral therapy, Crystals, Doulas, Ear candling, Electro-dermal testing, Energy healing, Gender, Healing with sound, Herbs, Herbal teas, International Dance, Intuitive Healing, Lymph drainage, Massage therapy, Midwifery, Music Therapy, Natural Pet Care, Nutrition, Plant spirit medicine, Qi Gong, Reiki, Self-care, Spirit Dance, Spoken word poetry, Swedish massage, Tai chi, Vaccine safety, Yoga, Zero-Balancing …and more…
CHILDREN’S PROGRAM PROVIDERS WANTED!For children we would like to provide music, storytelling, nature study, and skills and craft activities, in the preschool room or outdoors in the enclosed playground.
ARTISTS, PERFORMERS AND MUSICIANS WANTED!Healing music, art, poetry, dance, tai chi, qi gong, yoga, and other holistic modalities that can be performed, demonstrated and taught are wanted! We would like to provide art exhibits, live music, and dance entertainment and teaching for health fair visitors.
CHEFS, FARMERS, AND FOOD SELLERS WANTED!We would like to provide delicious, healthy, Nourishing Traditions foods for purchase (this would ideally include a variety of items that can be enjoyed by people on vegan, raw, gluten-free, paleo, primal, and other popular diets). There is an indoor dining area where food can be sold, and a kitchen that a chef may use to prepare food on site.
EDUCATORS WANTED!The fair will offer hourly discussions/ lectures/ workshops on topics such as self-care, health care, baby care, aromatherapy, EFT techniques, vaccine safety, and more. If you are an educator with something to offer to the public, please apply now to share your knowledge.
NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS WANTED!Nonprofit organizations offering holistic health support such as the Weston A. Price Foundation, Florida Organic Growers, and Center for Health and Environmental Justice, among others, are wanted to provide information and participate in the holistic health fair.
VENDORS WANTED!We would like to offer health fair visitors health-promoting and sustainable products such as local farm products, herbs, herbal teas, art, local handcrafts, supplements, natural body care formulations, crystals, and other healing items for the body, mind and spirit. (No petrochemicals or other toxins; no EMFs or other dangerous radiation, no multi-level marketing.)
WHY A HOLISTIC HEALTH FAIR?The Gainesville Holistic Health Fair helps people in our local and wider community to become familiar with alternative modalities and practitioners, and learn about the benefits of holistic medicine.
Visitors to the health fair can meet holistic health care practitioners in person and have an opportunity to experience an abbreviated healing session. They learn more about alternative medicine than they already know, and can explore discoveries about health and nutrition that have recently come to light.
Visitors can join workshops and classes that offer a variety of empowering self-care and alternative skills and understanding that can help keep them out of the hospital.
Funds raised by the Gainesville Holistic Health Fair will benefit our local nonprofit organization, Three Aunties, which works to nurture environmental awareness and a spiritual connection with nature as a basis for how people choose to live.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Practitioners interested in providing information to the public and/or 15-minute treatment sessions for $20 per session at the fair, message Maria Minno on FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/Maria.Minno
- Vendors interested in selling relevant merchandise can message Shenna Benarte on FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/ShennaBenarte
- Artists, Performers, Musicians, and Children’s Program Providers, please contact Shenna Benarte on FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/ShennaBenarte
- Educators, Farmers, and Food Providers, please contact Maria Minno on FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/Maria.Minno
- For more information, questions, or to have a copy of any forms mailed or emailed to you, contact either Maria or Shenna
- Gainesville Holistic Health Fair blog
- Gainesville Holistic Health Fair facebook event page
- Poster (please share!) Gainesville Holistic Health Fair
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Location map
- Application form for Practitioners
- Application form for Vendors